Monday, October 24, 2005

Halloween Costumes



Have you ever told someone something about them that you meant to be constructive criticism, then it came back to haunt you? I guess that's what you could call what I did. Every Easter, I have Takyra's picture taken in her dress and I have noticed that pastels just don't go well with her dark complexion. A couple of months ago I was shopping for clothes for Takyra and she had picked out something pastel pink. I told her that pink was not her color.
Two weeks ago, I took Takyra to the fabric store to pick out the fabric for her Christmas dress. We also looked for ideas for Halloween. I tried to talk her into being Stephanie from "Lazytown" on Nickelodean. She thought the idea was good for a second, then it came back at me. Stephanie is dressed head to toe in PINK!!! "Mom, you said pink wasn't my color!" So, she nixed the idea of being Stephanie.
She looked through all the pattern books and found many different ideas. Hippies, fairies, pirates,etc. After declining all her choices due to my not wanting to make each of those outfits, she found a page and was so excited. I looked to find it was a camouflage outfit. "Mom please can you make this?" Why spend money on an outfit the Army gave me free, yet at the cost of America's tax money? I told her she could wear my Army BDU's. Quick, simple, and no make-up required to make her itch all night long. Even the boots are a close enough fit for her monster feet.
So here is my little soldier. She looks cute in the outfit, but I told her not to get too comfortable in it. The only battle she ever needs to see is that of kids scrambling to get candy out of a pinata, or running to get the last seat in musical chairs.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Tarisa said...

She can wear your shoes??!!!! The other good thing about the costume is that she'll be one of the most comfy kids out t-or-t'ing.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Tim said...

This little girl is sooooooo cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home