Monday, October 24, 2005

The Gymnast



I don't want to jinx my daughter, but I do want to brag on her a little. Okay, maybe it's not all bragging because she still has some things that need a lot of work. My little gymnast had a private lesson yesterday. She was going in to work on her technique. That means pointing her toes and looking somewhat graceful while doing gymnastics. She came out of it doing things she'd neevr done before. Things that even if I told you what they were, you'd have no clue what they are. The things you would know...she did a back handspring on the floor. YEA! AND she did a hand stand on the balance beam. So, what does a mom do that thinks her daughter accomplished a ton in one lesson? Buys her a new leotard! that would be it in the picture. She tests on Halloween night. That means she does some of her skills to see if she is ready to move up to the next level. She has told me it is her dream to be a gymnast. She wants to be at the gym all the time, but for now she goes once a week for class and lately she's done a couple of private lessons. That doesn't stop her from trying to practice at home all the time. I have to stop her!! Maybe I'll have a little competitor next fall. I'll need a new shirt, "Gymnastics Mom!" That or one with her picture on it!

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Tarisa said...

Hey! I can do that! Or I could do that. Twenty something years ago. I am so glad you're blogging. This is fun to be able to keep up to date. Love to everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home