Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



To any moms who happen across this blog, "Happy Mother's Day!" I remember at age 16 my mom would ask me what I want to do in life. "I want to be a mom." That's not a job, she would tell me, and again ask what I wanted to do after school. " I want to be a mom!" That is what I wanted. During the few years before I gave birth to my daughter, I had this recurring dream of me playing with a little girl. I was sitting at the end of the bed and she was sitting on my lap. I would lean her back and ask her, "Do you love me?" She would giggle and say "NO!" I would lean her back again and ask, "Do you love me?" Again she would giggle and respond with "NO!" A third time I would repeat, "DO you love me?", and she would hug me and say "I love you mommy." I knew that was my future daughter. I had told a friend of mine about that dream, and in my third month of pregnancy, before the ultrasound, I stated that I knew it was a girl and it was the girl in that dream. I never again had that dream.
I don't know if I'm meant to have anymore children. If I meet the right man and if God has it in His plan for a larger family for me, then I am all for it. I do want more, but I am more than blessed to have my "dream girl."
That dream kind of symbolizes my relationship with my daughter. We giggle and joke and it always comes back to love. In a time when I was being young and independent, I did get caught up in a moment and that moment had nothing to do with love, but the end result was love in pure form. There are so many days I wonder why, when I was so far from praising and pleasing God, He chose to bless me with such perfection. Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother. Most of all, thank you for the perfect gift of my daughter! God is Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home