Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ouch!!


This will be kind of short as I am typing with one hand. I don't care about typos so long as you understand what I'm saying and my jumbled words aren't bad ones.
I had surgery yesterday. I will take labor and delivery over that pain anyday. I wasn't warned about the pain after. First of all I thought it was going to be arthroscopic...it wasn't. She doesn't like to do it that way since she removed part of the bone. She says it leaves bone fragments inside the shoulder which causes infection. So, I had the end of my acromium removed and tenotomy ( stimulation of the tendon to restore blood flow) and she had to cut me open to do so. Both injuries were the result of my car wreck back in January.
I woke up from the anesthesia ( Anastacia for Tari) at exactly 11:13 and I was not pleasant. I was in so much pain. I was lying flat on my back and the pressure on my shoulder was horrible. I got LOTS of morphine which had me zonked all day yesterday. When it was time for me to get dressed to go home, the nurse was very rough. She was movin g my arm around like it was rag doll and the next thing I knew I was feeling way lighthead and she was yelling for a nurse to help. I almost passed out from the pain. I wanted to yell at her, but greater forces and drugs controlled my temper.
I am like a baby again. My mommy has to help me do the most intimate of hygeine details, and I just have to let go of my independence until I get better. Takyra is loving being my helper. Her favorite part is brushing and braiding my hair ( the braids get better each time). I have a pain pump still inserted in my shoulder for the next couple of days so I am trying to move my arm like they want me to without hurting myself, but I also have to remember to take the pump everywhere I go (that's what the black strap around my neck is to). I am trying to spend as much time out of the sling as possible to try to speed up my recovery. Hopefully it goes pretty fast and I can get back to normal (or as close as possible for a LeBlanc).
Thank you for your prayers so far and I ask that you continue to pray for my recovery.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Tarisa said...

We need b-day pictures! We need b-day pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home