Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's already 2006?



I knew I hadn't posted anything in my blog in awhile, but this is crazy. December flew by. I am realizing the older I get the faster time flies. I didn't even get to really enjoy the Christmas season. I love the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas and it all passed me by this year. I feel like I was working and shopping the whole month of December.
When Christmas did finally arrive, it also decided not to take it's time and linger a bit. Takyra woke up at 4 am Christmas morning. She came to my room excited that Santa got her a snowboard ( it only had a bow on it). I realized the time and told her to lay down and go back to sleep until everyone was awake. At 6:50 am I heard the pitter patter of monster 8-year-old feet. Mema was up with Takyra. I asked if she woke up her Mema and she assured me she didn't, but she also let me know she had never gone back to sleep.
Takyra woke up Tarisa and Papa. Papa got the bouncing wake up. We all gathered in the living room in our Christmas Eve/day pajamas ( a new tradition we have started). Takyra read the Christmas story out of the Bible for us. We looked in our stockings then opened our presents. I think we almost hit a record time for openeing all the presents in the house. We went to church, then to the theater to see "Little Shop of Horrors". Busy, busy.
Time seems to fly way to fast. I can't believe that all this seems as though it was just yestreday adn yet it was almost two weeks ago.
New Year's was almost not fun for me and Takyra. I got home from work to find out that Takyra had slammed her finger in the car door when Mema, Papa, and Tarisa took her up to the mountains. From the picture above(taken not long after the finger smashing incident) one cannot tell she was in pain. It was swollen and had a big cut across the knuckle. I took her to the ER and had prepared for a long wait by rbinging puzzle books to occupy our time. Every couple of minutes, Takyra would ask what time it was. It finally dawned on me, she was worried she would miss the count down to New Year's. Luckily, our preparation for the long wait made the visit a short one. It always seems true that if you have nothing to pass time, then it will take forever, but if you have something, you are finished in no time. We got to the ER about 6 :30 and were out by 8:30. No broken finger, and my daughter was more excited that she would get to celebrate New Year's. I don't think she would have cared if it was broken so long as she got out of the hospital in time. She is now glad it is not broken because she can do gymnastics. We both celebrated New year's and our trip to the ER was just a little delay in our festivities.
All in all, the holidays were fun, but fast. I pray that one day the season slows down again so I can actually enjoy the entire time leading up to Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home