Sunday, November 13, 2005

Been Awhile

Well, it's been a little while since I updated. There's not much going on around here. Just living everyday and trying to figure out how I am going to pay for Takyra's birthday and Christmas. After it's all over with I'll realize it wasn't so hard to save up for. There are bargains everywhere if we just look.
I had it easy on one birthday. My boyfriend, Corwin, aka CoCo, didn't want anything. So I got him a card. Sweet, simple, and it said Happy Birthday! Whatever works right? He's been in a mood lately. I guess two months of hard training for a bodybuilding competition can do that to someone. Talk about willpower. This man has stuck strictly to his diet of pure protein and few carbs for the past couple of months. No sugar, no fat, nothing bad. I can't do that for a week. But I got to wish him a Happy Birthday and Good Luck for his competition. It will all be over with this time next week. This competition decides if he goes pro or retires. Hopefully the first of the two.
I am getting ready for our trip to OKC Thanksgiving week. It will be nice to see everyone. I'm looking forward to G-ma's homemade buns. My G-ma C has the best buns in the world. I am hoping the cousins aren't getting so old we can't have at least one night of delirious, hysterical board games. Long ago, our parents would play board games late into the evening. The cousins all took it up a notch. We play well into the night. Say 1-2am. You know those times when you've stayed up so late that everything seems funny to you? Even looking at the person across from you cracks you up. Ours is worse. We look at the game cards and see words that aren't really there. If pictionary is involved, we resort to crude drawings. Should a certain male cousin dare to join us at the table he is easily embarrassed at the mention of anything that has to do with the female body. Amazing he even has a child. Of course, we don't dare tone it down for him. It is just pure fun. As one cousin recently stated, "Laughing is good for your liver." After a night of games we all have the best livers in the world. I can't wait.
One week to go, but whose counting?

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Tarisa said...

Thanksgiving night. Board game central at Aunt Lynn's. Woo-hoo!

Word verification word? yuunmex
Someone really likes Mexican food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home