Tuesday, March 21, 2006

When snow melts



What do you do when snow melts? Well, if you are Takyra, you get what snow is left and rebuild your snowboard/sled ramp. She had a bucket and was scooping what snow was left in the back yard. Mema ( her grandma) had helped her build a ramp off the deck when it was snowing yesterday. There were some bare spots, but she took snow from the yard and built it back up again. She made a path that went straight to the fence. Hmm. If the path goes to the fence, where do you think the girl goes? To the fence. Unfortunately, there are now some loose boards on the fence. But hey, she had a blast. I watched from the kitchen as she would go down the ramp and do one of three things: turn before the fence, fall down before the fence, or plow rigth into the fence ( her favorite). She has mastered the snowboard and would try to jump her way back to the ramp. She never got very far and had to take it off and walk back up. I had hoped to go to the mountains and get her snowboarding lessons this year. Unfortunately, my shoulder injury kept that from happening. We were going to take lessons together. I might still take her up and let her do the lesson without me. Until then, I just have to make sure she doesn't get brave and build the next ramp from the roof of the house. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Check out the form on that snowboard!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Tarisa said...

I can just hear the THUD of her hitting the fence. That looks like so much fun, but I'm afraid I'd never be brave enough to try it. I'm just fine with skis, thank you very much. What amazes me is how most of the kids I know can't be entertained unless they're sitting in front of the television or computer. It's fun to see kids like the monkey make their own fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home